Re: Getting Reacquainted with Linux

Maybe from console try running startx after a reboot so your system is in a known state.

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Hi,

It has been a while since I have created a Linux environment but I got a
Debian install loaded by booting from a CD and using the talking installer
that was one of the options.

All that is great but now the install has finished and I'm trying to get
Orca going.

I've brought up the command entry with alt+f2 and entered orca.  If the
screen reader is starting I'm not getting any speech output.  I've tried
orca -s and can get the Orca preferences and speech and braille are both on.

Does anyone have thoughts on what I might try here?

Kelly