Re: gentoo!

Unfortunately I may have to throw that ball to someone else. Tar is pretty basic stuff, but I haven't delved deeply enough into Gentoo to be able to help with this problem. The Portage stuff with emerge and friends seems simple enough, but sometimes things are not as they seem. My only suggestion is to remove the variable and see what happens, but then again, it just doesn't seem that straightforward. It's possible the variable name changed or something, which would certainly cause problems, and simply removing it usually doesn't fix them.

~Kyle