Re: Accessible Distros for a beginner?

Personally I would recommend purchasing a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB of RAM and putting Stormux on it.

https://stormux.org/

Because the MicroSD you write to is actually your running and fully functional operating system, you write once from the laptop you are already using and just start using it. Your total cost, with 256GB of storage, is currently under $150, although you will need additional things like a keyboard, headphones/speakers, etc. You should be able to connect this computer to pretty much any TV right out of the box and get sound as well as visual output should you need it, but headphones or speakers are recommended for blind users who don't need a screen. Note that this is a very inexpensive computer that can best be described as a microdesktop rather than a laptop, but it is very inexpensive and very small, and is also rather portable. I am currently investigating the feasibility of making a laptop using the Raspberry Pi 4 at its base.

~Kyle