Re: Prospects for an accessible and open version of Android?

Didier:

I'm sure Hans, our list owner of record, would happily entertain a
better configuration. Please note this list runs on Redhat's list
servers which I believe are still mailman based. So, it's a question of
what Redhat has implemented upstream.

If you want Hans' email, I can probably dig it up.

Best,

Janina

Linux for blind general discussion writes:
> Or, this is to avoid SPF/DKIM authentication failure.
>
> As an example, I have an email server with DKIM enabled for the domain
> name slint.fr that I own and use for the Slint distribution, cf.:
> https://slint.fr
>
> So, the receiver of an email sent with a From: address with the domain
> name slint.fr can authenticate it checking that the email was sent from
> my server's IP address and not further modified if re-sent by a mailing
> list to all registered users.
>
> Many mailing lists keep the From: field as is (for this email that would
> be: didier@xxxxxxxx) but modify its content, like to add a footer. Then
> the email will fail the authentication failure by the server that
> receives the email sent by the mailing list, and possibly reject it or
> put it in a spam folder, according to their policy and the instructions
> given by the initial sending server, written in a DMARC record.
>
> I don't know if this the main reason, but not writing the initial
> poster's email address in the From: field prevents authentication
> failures.
>
> To cope with this policy, let's identify ourselves in the body of the
> emails we sent to the list.
>
> I do it below:
> Didier Spaier
> Slint maintainer
>
> Le 14/06/2020 à 22:56, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> > I think many years ago there were lots of spam which came through this list, so they altered to this current way
> > Chime

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow