Ubuntu, UEFI and hard disks

I posted this over at askubuntu but I figured I'd ask here too. Got my laptop to boot into Ubuntu Mate. Problem is...it won't detect the hard drive at all. I can do slblk and all it shows is dev/sda (which is the USB stick). Installer picks up the stick too and tell me I need 8GB of space on the 8GB memory stick.

I went into Win10's settings and turned off UEFI, then secure boot. So. Should I reenable the UEFI firmware but leave secure boot off, or...?