Re: Comunicating from your Linux machine?

Email and IRC are just about the only options that are customizable for a blind Linux user.

Not necessarily. Pretty much anything that can be set up in Pidgin can be used. This includes XMPP, which is pretty robust, although some versions of Pidgin don't seem to work well with XMPP voice communication. There is Telegram, which works at least for text, but it may require running in a terminal, unless there is a working Pidgin plugin. I can't get the desktop app speaking for some reason, though it may just be because I'm missing an accessibility gsettings option.

~Kyle