Re: Strange behavior on fresh Debian installation

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

I'm having strange behaviour on fresh install of Debian 9
After I login and work for  a while then any command on bash terminal is
missing with message such as the following
bash: ls command not found

You're not bumping the capslock by any chance?

If not, run:

echo $PATH

(note PATH in all capitals)

to make sure that your search path hasn't changed. It should include /usr/bin and /bin and ideally /usr/local/bin. Root should also have /usr/sbin and /sbin.

HTH,
Geoff.