playing files while browsing music folder is it normal?

Hi,
I have a interesting situation. When I go to my music folder in Mate
Desktop default settings, the selected file is automatically playing.
When I press ctrl, playing is stopped. When I go to the next file by
left or right arrow, the next focused file is automatically played. Is
it normal? No player opened, Arch Linux, Antergos edition.
Thanks,
Pavel