programmer productivity with emacsspeak?

Hi, Willem here.
Over the years I have seen many discussions regarding the productivity of blind programmers using speech and the advantages of using emacs with emacspeak regarding productivity.

I cannot however remember exactly what those advantages were supposed to be. Is it really worth learning emacs and emacspeak? Will I gain a lot in terms of productivity as a programmer? Although I am spending most of my life at the console, I do have a GUI installed. I currently use speakup for almost everything with the joe editer as my text editer.
Any comments regarding this is welcome.
Regards, Willem