Re: w3m continues Edbrowse?

"Speaking personally, I tried loading google in w3m, but found it tedious reaching the page sections I sought."

This was my experience as well. This is because w3m has no header or any other quick navigation features that are common to most graphical desktop browsers. For example, I am able to go to either DuckDuckGo or Google, both of which land me immediately on the search box, which is what I want most right away, then I can enter my search and then press h to navigate through the search results by headings, as each result's link is a heading, and then if I want to read the little piece of the page that it includes, I can press the down arrow key to get to it, then h to move to the next result or H to move back to the top of that result or to previous results. Unfortunately, no text browser has this capability at present, not even w3m, making them all more tedious to navigate than the graphical browsers. That said, w3m would seem to be the best candidate for being modernized and made less tedious, because it just needs accessible Javascript and HTML5 support along with quick navigation keybindings that can place the cursor directly on the point of interest, especially since it is the only text browser that supports direct arrow and tab navigation right out of the box.
Imetumwa kutoka macho yangu