capturing traceroute output in a file?

Hi folks,
Shellworld uses Ubuntu and we have traceroute installed. I am helping the hosting company for my office shell which is dreamhost diagnose an error that may be network related. they have asked me to run tracerute, which is here as expressed, but I really need a way to capture the results from the program.
is there an option?
Thanks,
Karen