Re: sourceforge.net with wget

Hello,

Le 29/05/2018 à 19:58, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> #!/usr/bin/env bash
> # file: getsonar.sh - get sonar alpha distro with curl.
> wget -bc --trust-server-names --max-redirect=10000 --tries=0  "https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonargnulinux/files/latest/download";
>
> Could I be doing any better with wget in this script to handle
> sourceforge.net downloads?  For those that don't know, the
> --trust-server-names switch is in that script so you get an iso with the
> same name you found it under on sourceforge.net.  Otherwise
> sourceforge.net renames your download and then finding it gets difficult.
> I send the output to wget-log files since I have a means of using wc on
> those files to count line numbers to tell me if sourceforge.net is still
> downloading or has stopped.  If it stopped that same wget-log file using
> tail -3 wget-log will give me the final results of my download attempt.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonargnulinux/files/latest/download?source=files

I just removes /download from the link and it works. I tried:
wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonargnulinux/files/latest
and got a file named latest, which is actually the ISO image

I also tried:
wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/sonargnulinux/files/antergos-sonar-nozfs-17.9-x86_64.iso
and got a file named antergos-sonar-nozfs-17.9-x86_64.iso
which is actually the same ISO image.

Anyway I tried to boot using these images in a VirtualBox virtual
machine and booting fails both in UEFI and Legacy mode, because of
missing files.

However I have checked both the sha1 and md5 checksum and both match.

Greetings,

Didier
---
Didier Spaier