Re: Changing Default File Types in Debian?

Willem wrote:
> Yes, /etc/mailcap

I note that on my system (Devuan) this file is more than
1000 lines.  That is a lot of MIME types, but the number of
applications is certainly much lower.

Entries in $HOME/.mailcap override those in /etc/mailcap.
It makes sense to copy /etc/mailcap to $HOME/.mailcap and
make changes there, so OS updates and package install
scripts can change /etc/mailcap without affecting your
personal preferences.

cheers,

--
Joel Roth