Re: linux installation with iwlwifi

No it won't. If you get to the internet, preference is to download stuff from the internet and only use the dvd as a last resort. I won't tell you which url to use since the installer program will offer good advice on what to choose based on your country of residence. Earlier I wrote about two pages giving a stepwise procedure to ensure wifi comes up when you do your first boot post-install. I put it up on the debian wiki and wrote it all in text and didn't use any of the fancy markup language on it since I figure ascii text works every time. Where it's at now, I have no idea.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2018, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:52:07
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: linux installation with iwlwifi

Hi.
I'll try this and see what happens.
what url can I use then when installing packages?
If i use the dvd it will only search for packages using the dvd disks,
I want to install packages normally.
/Kristoffer

<blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

You can use the following DVD for amd64 (64 bits) machines:
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/9.4.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/firmware-9.4.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso

It works perfectly for me.

Best regards,
Alex.

Le 23/04/2018 ? 21:39, Linux for blind general discussion a ?crit :
Hi.
I'm trying to install debian on my computer.
the wireless card I have need a driver called iwl-wifi.
does any of you know how to enable that driver when installing debian?
I don't have lan Cable.
/Kristoffer

Kristoffer Gustafsson
Sal?ngsgatan 7a