Re: Possibly Off-Topic: Elia, a tactile alphabet proclaiming to be an intuitive alternative to Braille.

I don't see where they say they made the font larger. I do see them stating that the font is scalable though. I would assume it would be a bit larger then the printed text you see in a newspaper though, if that's what you're talking about. I've read raised print before as well, and it can be pretty tedious trying to distinguish a 'o' from a 'c' from a 'e' from a 'a' and so on especially depending on the font being used. It seems obvious to me that some slight changes could be made to a tactile alphabet to make it faster to read with a smaller font, but it's hard to know for sure without actually seeing it myself. I tend to believe their research and studies over my own anecdotal experience though.