Re: Alternative Window Managers

Hello,

Le 31/03/2018 à 12:46, Linux for blind general discussion a écrit :
> Hello, I'm looking for alternative window mangers. I don't really want
> mate, gnome, and xfce. I want to try out new ones.

What are your needs with respect to accessibility?

What don't you like in the software you listed?

Strictly speaking mate, gnome and xfce are desktops, not just
window managers.

As an example the mate desktop includes the marco window manager by
default, but it can be replaced by another one like compiz or
metacity.

There are a lot of other window managers, as an example we ship in
Slint all listed plus fluxbox, windowmaker and fvwm2, whose level
of accessibility vary.

Didier Spaier
Slint distribution: http://slint.fr