Re: looking for screen readers for a study (fwd)

Perhaps, but Linux users, especially text mode users, will have a bit of a problem meeting some of the requirements. They want us to use a sledgehammer with a patented head to hang the proverbial picture on the wall. To clarify, they're asking us to write in diary format any problems we encountered completing their tasks, but they want it in Microsoft Word format. Even taking into account the fact that LibreOffice can in fact save that type of file, and even taking into account that if I was to save my file in Open Document Text format, their beloved Microsoft Word could open the file with no difficulty, and has been able to do so for years, I think it's overkill to use either format for such things, when plain text will do nicely, and can be opened with anything at all, from ed to nano to vim and emacs to pluma and gedit to even LibreOffice if that is your thing.
Imetumwa kutoka pete yangu