Re: problem with port forwarding

Willem here.
Once you know what your outside ip address is, do a portscan (using nmap) from the outside to see if the relevant port 80 or whatever you used, is open.. All home type adsl routers I have worked with, by default has all incoming connections from the outside blocked as that is what most people require. I would think you would need to specifically open port 80 on your router, and then add a nat entry as Tim described below.
HTH, Willem