Re: run linux on a android tablet

I have heard of ArchLinuxARM running from a chroot on a tablet or phone, but I'm not sure that desktop applications would run. There are VNC applications that run a full Ubuntu or similar in a chroot, complete with a desktop, and display it on screen using VNC, but it doesn't speak, because the VNC protocol carries no audio. X2go may help there, as its protocol does carry audio, but I haven't tested it yet. If you just want a shell, you may be able to run an ARM version of Linux, I know for sure of Fedora, Arch, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE and Debian being able to run on ARM devices in a chroot using a terminal emulator, assuming you can find one that allows you to read the output of your commands using Talkback.
Imepelekwa kutoka ofisi yangu