Android development on Linux

Hi everyone,

I am told that in most corporate environments Android development is usually done through Android Studio. I am also told that Android Studio is currently inaccessible on Linux because the Java ATK Wrapper has not been worked on for a while:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/java-atk-wrapper/

Can anybody confirm for me that what one needs to use Android Studio on Linux is an updated Java ATK Wrapper?

Any idea of where one could find dev help or funding to fix this wrapper? I am probably able to find a little funding on my own, but not enough.

Thanks,

Fernando