Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 06:17:54
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: startx missing twm and xclock

For reference, here's my ~/.xinitrc. I don't claim all these directives
are still necessary. Things change, but my startx is still working
reliably for me on Arch Linux:

export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN="gtk"
export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

exec gnome-session

Linux for blind general discussion writes:
Is xclock useable in screen reader accessibility context for xorg?  What is
the best choice for a wm for screen reader accessibility context?  With
startx, how is it run so startx goes into configuration mode?  For this last
question startx writes output to stderr and I haven't yet been able to
capture it with less so I can examine it in detail.