Re: archlinux gnome and orca package

for what its worth, I use archLinux on all my systems, and I use orca with gnome and gdm.
I have never had sound problems, and I use speakup as well.
I also have never disabled pulse.
I follow these simple rules:
1:  I use one user specifically for graphical use.
2:  I never try to use speakup and orca in the same session.
This seems to work for me and I just don't have problems with it.