what do you mean by terminology? i try to help here i read the documentation.
what is the need?

cheers chrys

Am 29.08.2017 um 01:28 schrieb Linux for blind general discussion:
Has anyone figured out the pulseaudio controls terminology yet?  I started running some of the pulseaudio control programs and couldn't figure out what to do with what and what to leave alone.

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 18:22:38
From: Linux for blind general discussion <blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sound works as user but not as root

Howdy,

I cannot see any constructive here.
its not that far away i had similar problems with ALSA or ESD.
so "i hate that" is not usefull lol
problems like this are solvable. anything else is just stupid rant...

there are 2 possible solutions:
1. stream the "root" sound to the user. (see fenrirs "configure_pulse.sh" script) 2. run pulse system wide (ALSA does the same here caused by design, what it doesn't make it more secure by design....)

cheers chrys