Re: Dectalk pronounciations

Hello thanks fore that info

now I just have to see if I stilll have my copy of dectalk 5 when fonix owned them

were talking years and years ago

On 7/6/2017 2:46 PM, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:
You hafta edit /etc/modules, and put in the line speakup_dectlk
Make sure any other speakup modules in the file are commented out.  Reboot and you've got a running dectalk.
Also, you've got to install a kernel that allows hardware speech to work in linux.
Get it from http://iavit.org/~bats/kernels
Hopefully I've got the url right.  i'm doing it from memory.
Good luck.

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Everything happens after coffee!