Re: hardware synths.

The dec-talk voices, constructed as I understand it first to simulate speech for service members who lost their voices due to injury, are some of the best ever invented. I am therefore profoundly surprised no one has made an effort to keep patent so that indeed the voices can be carried over to more graphical situations. My own hardware synthesizer, using dec-talk voices, the reading edge, likewise has no connection to Linux at all, not even in the command line, Glad you found an express. would buy one myself if the price is right smiles.
Seriously, who owns the patent for the dec-talk voices?

Karen