Re: no sound in ubuntu command line

Which ubuntu version?
Amixer is still available.
May be install alsa-utils?

On Fri, 19 May 2017, Linux for blind general discussion wrote:

What is a likely package for me to check and set my soudd card info in my ubuntu command- line pc.
I used amixer before but it has apparently disappeared.
I use braille to access the pc, but I might like to play some music sometime.

This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html. Please consider the environment before printing this email.