Re: Blind vs. mainstream distros

According to Samuel
# I'm not saying that things are happening rightly ATM, but saying that
# things just always go that way in Debian is misleading, it's only MATE
# maintainers which seemingly don't proceed as they are supposed to.
Unfortunately this is far from my experience, as the first time I saw this was dealing with GNOME about 10 years ago, and although this problem does tend to come and go, component packages do seem to come into Unstable in an installable but incoherent way, and even migrate into testing in much the same state. This seems to happen most with GNOME, but as you pointed out, it also happens to MATE too many times for me to say it's just a minor inconsistency that happens rarely enough that it isn't much of a problem.
~kyle