Introduction and some basic questions.

Title: Introduction and some basic questions.

Hello Folks,

My name is Ibrahim Abed Rabbo and I am new to Linux. My experience with this platform is very limited and short-lived.

I tried Vinux six years ago for a short time, but I quit because of my frustration with the many crashes vinux encountered on my old machine at that time.

Now I am giving myself a second chance to explore Linux, and I have a feeling that accessibility has improved quite a bit since I tried it for few weeks in 2011.

I just bought a new laptop and wish to convert my retiring laptop to Linux.

It is a 32 Bit Dual core with 2.0 MHZ processor, 3 GB of Ram, and 130 GB of hard disk. I am not sure which distribution of Linux is suitable for my limited configuration.  In that respect I need your feedback.

I also like some tips on the major differences between the various Linux distributions in as far as Accessibility is concerned.

I have to admit that I am not good in remembering line commands and their parameters, so I prefer a distribution that has menus and has reasonable GUI accessibility.

I look forward to learning and benefiting from your comments and recommendations.

Regards,

Ibrahim