Re: frustrate shouldservers

well, so far, I have managed to keep track of all of mine. However, some sites I go to won't let me use any of the more interesting characters on the keyboard (like: !@#$%^&*()"':;?/.>,< ) which can get rather annoying.

Now as to how I do it, the first (of 3 parts) of the password I use is a leet speak modified version of a long word. the second is a leet speak version of the website name and the third part is the date I joined (in MM/DD/YYYY:HH:MM:SS format). like I said, good luck breaking that!SOmetimes, like the interesting character issue above, I have to change things because the length is too long. grrrrr. why can't website developers use REAL security? seriously, 10 characters is definitely not enough.

here is an example of what I might use: 4s7r0n0m3rACHAN12/24/1999:23:51:13 please note that this particular one is 34 characters long. Decoded to english it reads astronomer  4chan 12/24/1999 23:51:13

now, who would know exactly when I joined a site. the site name would be obvious (assuming anyone could crack it) and the first word is just that, a proper noun. With my head for numbers, math and sciences, its a pretty easy formula for me to keep in head. :) btw, run that password through a password strength detector and watch it peg the meter all the way to the right on strength. :) btw, the noun I used above in the password string will not be used as I have other science interests (and there are so many of them!).

so, thoughts?

-eric
from the central office of the Technomage Guild.