Cygwin question.

I've been using cygwin for many years and like it quite a bit. A couple of days ago, I installed the latest windows 10 updates, and suddenly, my cygwin behavior changed slightly.

Now, when I am in the cygwin shell, my typing acts like typing echo is set to characters. Sorry, I am using JAWS 16. So, even though typing echo is set to words, JAWS echos each keystroke, or every few keystrokes, which is kind of annoying.

I just ran a cygwin update, but the behavior hasn't changed. Any guess what might be causing the issue? I can set screen echo to none, which sort of solves the problem, but causes others, as command output is not then spoken.

Is it a terminal emulation issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--