Re: Speakup and backups

Hi,
I don't know about your other questions, but about the speakup installation:
I wrote a small script a while ago  to assist me in speakup installation for the current kernel under Fedora.
It uses a generic kernel for the compilation, compiles only speakup and copies it into the current kernel's module directory.
https://github.com/zahyur/speakup-installer

It has also a 'prepare' option - for installing dependancies.
I've tried to adapt it for apt-get, dnf and pacman based distributions, but actually tested it only under Fedora.

I posted it to the speakup mailing list, but no one responded so far.
I'll be glad to hear your opinion.

--
Best wishes,
Zahari