Re: redhat itself

Surely there must be somebody building kernels with those modules so that you can install by adding their yum repository to your system. If not, it would mean that a blind RH systems admin couldn't do his work at the console. If remote access is broken he'd be in serious trouble. Most systems admins don't have a choice as to what flavor of linux they use in their job. Here at the University of Wisconsin, the IT department used to run Red Hat. The campus had a site license. The Math Department, where I work, uses debian and ubuntu. But if I worked in another department, I'd probably be stuck with RH.

I have been building kernels for debian and ubuntu that have a hack do serial synths work. I set up a apt repository at www.iavit.org so other people can use them too. I don't know anything about Red Hat but surely there must be the equivalent of a ppa.