Re: Concerning Debian and ArchLinux

Le 01/08/2016 à 19:18, John J. Boyer a écrit :
That is the latest stable version of Debian? I am curently using Jessie.

I like the idea of ArchLinux, because it never requires re-installation.
Dear John,
Debian doesn't require re-installation. A Debian release is supported for approximately 3 years.

Why don't the other distros take a similar approach?
Between two versions of Debian we can guarantee no accessibility regressions and an important stability in your computer usage. An upgrade on a distribution can cause several issues and if you don't need updated softwares for specific reasons I don't know the utility to upgrade.

Best regards.
--
Alex ARNAUD