Re: orca-compatible display managers

Once I followed those instructions, I had temporarily a stable accessible environment as far as that can be managed on archlinux. Some updates that I got as near as I can tell broke ability to login. Beyond that, there's no audible indication as to when to login on lightdm with archlinux so accessibility will continue to be accidental until that problem gets solved one way or the other. I had to use a talkingarchlinux install disk to disable lightdm to even be able to get to ssh and write this e-mail. I have a /usr/share/sounds/purple/login.wav file but don't know which file to edit to have that sound play at the correct time. I did find out /etc/rc.local has the sound playing about a minute too early.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, Alonzo Cuellar wrote:

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:42:55
From: Alonzo Cuellar <mariachiac@xxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: orca-compatible display managers

Hello,

I don't see any problems with the Mate Desktop. Its like running Gnome2 when it was around.

On 07/27/2016 08:36 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
With gdm and lightdm both are triggered by sudo -H systemctl enable gdm or sudo -H systemctl enable lightdm. When these break though that talkingarch install disk is real useful as a rescue disk to run systemctl disable commands on those display managers. I found gdm better able to work with orca but the desktop interface is different from mate and none too easy to bring up a list of apps.