Re: debian wifi failure

I don't think that package will be found on stock debian disks but I could be wrong. I'll have to make sure my debuan is up to date and try this one.

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016, Joel Roth wrote:

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:58:58
From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: debian wifi failure

Jude DaShiell wrote:
The debian web page on how to use wifi is useless.  Has anyone here got
experience setting up a workable version of /etc/network/interfaces?  I can
probably put mine up on this list if it will help.

I've been experimenting with simple-netaid, a command-line utility for
configuring wireless networks. A little cryptic, but usable.

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-packages/simple-netaid.git

The executable is called 'backend'. Here is the help:

Usage:
  backend -h|--help   # Print this message.
  backend 0 ESSID PWD # Save PWD for ESSID.
  backend 1 ESSID PWD # Save PWD for ESSID and connect to ESSID.
  backend 2 ESSID     # Query saved connection ESSID for wpa-ssid.
  backend 3 ESSID     # Delete saved connection ESSID.
  backend 4 ESSID     # Connect to ESSID.
  backend 5           # Disconnect active connection.
  backend 6           # Scan to standard output.
  backend 7           # List saved connections to standard output.
  backend 8           # Detailed scan to standard output.
  backend 9 eth0      # Connect to eth0.
  backend 10          # Automatically attempt to connect.
  backend 11          # Brute force call ifdown for all devices.

hth,