Re: What is the tool for this?

Tim was just asking if you were talking about a file ending in .ppt or one ending in .pptx. You can just tell by the extension of the file name and you don't really need to know when it was created. The .pptx extension indicates that it's a newer file format being used by Microsoft, which is why Tim called it a newer .pptx file.

I too appreciate the information Tim provided, and if this lead me to files that had a better format and were easier to work with then I'd do whatever it would take to get them. I can always make things more efficient with scripting if I need to perform a task multiple times, but ending up with a more accurate file will end up saving time in the long run.