Re: linux on msi computers

do you meen this computer
MSI GT72S 6QE 057NE Dominator Pro G

Den 2016-04-18 kl. 08:35, skrev Kristoffer Gustafsson:
Hi.
Ok, I have two choices.
I could buy a msi gt72s with the latest core i7 6:th generation with
ddr4 memory.
and I could buy an msi gt72 with an older processor. a core i7 4:th generation.
the newer has win 10 preinstalled, and the older win 8.1
I'll remove win 8 and upgrade to ten and then install linux.
I will never run win 8.
what do you think I shall choose?
I can't decide.
could you help me with this?

I've heard that there can be problem running linux on the new processors tool.
/Kristoffer

I haven't installed and booted Ubuntu on a UEFI system myself, but like
I said, from what I've read, it can be done. Do you have links to
articles that describe this limitation? If not, I'd encourage others to
do their own research.