Re: Grub hanging

You didn't give background information leading up to the behavior you describe, so this is only a random guess. It sounds like the GRUB image is out of sync with the image installed in the MBR. I would boot a rescue CD, chroot into the Linux system, make sure all updates are installed paying especial attention to GRUB and run grub-install on your boot drive. If that doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't know.