Re: a few questions

Mate is a lighter weight desktop than gnome so it will run on hardware with not all that much memory where gnome may not. The litedm-greeter program in mate now has a serious bug in that it accepts no keyboard input. I found this out yesterday and had it verified by the creator of sonar-mate. That in time probably will be fixed. I'm offering you information not opinion since I don't know anything about your hardware or use of it. Hopefully you'll be able to put it to some use.

On Mon, 10 Aug 2015, Mike and Jenna wrote:

Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 13:33:50
From: Mike and Jenna <schwaltze@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Blinux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: a few questions

Hi,

I have taken a break from Linux but have always used debian. Now I am
getting back into along with my wife with the goal of switching from windows
to Linux full time. We are going to stick with debian as we like what it
offers but my questions are which is better mate or gnome to use. I would
like so pros and cons if possible. What programs do you think are a must and
why? Also when I install gnome cause it uses pulse speakup stops working is
there a good way to fix this?