Re: a *very* odd question especially for me.

On 7/23/2015 2:25 AM, Rob Harris wrote:
The key bits of this are, if you can telnet/ssh into a Linux box, you have
shell scripts, I think they're just called something.sh and thus, run like a
bat file would.

Not quite. First, they don't need any extension, provided the execute bit is set. Second, shell scripts have a very different syntax than batch files and are vastly more powerful.

PERL, even PHP could do a ton of this and you could run those via web access
instead.  I have PHP stuff I run remotely this way.

Yes, but perl is not friendly for the beginner and generally is more complicated for a one or two line script. Running things on the web like you suggest is generally a bad idea and a huge security risk. In the case of the video upload script, it requires a user and password to actually upload and it's running over https.