turn capslock off

I just discovered this in archlinux and I don't know that this is documented anywhere else since I did some exhaustive web searching for this information a while ago and came up with nothing. If you hit the capslock intentionally or accidentally to turn the capslock off first hold the shift key down then hit the capslock once with the shift key held down.