Re: msmtp on Debian

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, John J. Boyer wrote:

I have just installed Debian, and I'm using msmtp as the outgoing email
client. When I send a message I get the error "TSL handshake failed.
Operation timed out." The copyright date on this version is 2014. I also
have a Vinux 4 installation that has an msmtp with a copyright date of
2011. This version works. Is there something that needs to be set in the
configuration file for the 2014 version?

Is this error coming from the email client or msmtp?

Do you have a firewall?

Are you connecting to your external provider on the correct port?

Geoff.