fedora20 on amd64 accessibility

I can't recommend it. The only way I could even get the installer disk to boot was to remove the hard drive from contact with connectors in the hard drive sled. This was with a sata drive 1.4TB. The hard drive with no partitions on it comes up too fast to allow the fedora20 installer disk to boot. The installer disk was downloaded using bittorrent and verified after download with md5sum and gpgv. Finally, I never managed to get orca talking at all. Expected boot time was undocumented by someone who wrote up an accessibility update on fedora claiming it was quite accessible either. Boot time I'll define as th number of minutes between when the disk starts spinning and when it's safe to type orca and hit the return key. After all of that, I threw the fedora20 disk in the trash. Neither debian nor talkingarch have any problems installing on these disks, so my speculation was intel hardware was used and not disclosed. The fedora20 image I downloaded was the one for the amd64 systems too. This platform has a gig of memory on it and in time will be upgraded and may be below the acceptable memory minimum to install fedora20 and run orca. That's the other reason I was interested in installing emacspeak as the sole screen reader for such a system.

-- Twitter: JudeDaShiell