Re: results of my try.

I believe I have made it very clear how much experimentation is possible in prior discussions.
I followed Tim's directions, there are  the results.
Karen

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, Willem van der Walt wrote:

Hi,
As root, do:
ifconfig and check which interfaces show up. Your ethernet might be picked up as another interface, e.g. eth1.
You should simply first test by pinging your router.
HTH, Willem