Re: Thunderbird reading random numbers

I think you want to go into the View menu in thunderbird, go into toobars, and turn off the status bar.

On 01/06/2015 10:33 AM, Ryan Hughes wrote:
So I was setting up Thunderbird and it started downloading all my
messages from my IMAP server.  It seemed legit.  It was expected to take
a little while.

However, orca was giving me constant updates from the "Downloading
message N of M" status bar on Thunderbird, no matter what application
had focus, no matter what workspace I was on.  So if I started trying to
type something else in the terminal, I wasn't hearing my keys echoed
back to me because I had to wait to hear "eight nine thirty seven five
forty one" a whole bunch.

Is there some way to turn off that type of status bar thingy?  In my
Orca preferences, it is set to give progress bar updates every 10
seconds and its scope is restricted to the application.  Is there
something else I should be doing?

Would this be covered if I read some kind of "how to use linux blind"
tutorial instead of hopping through random pages on the vinux wiki?

Thanks.

--Ryan