Firefox headings

Hi. I'm having the darnedest time navigating around firefox using the heading navigation keys like h and 1, 2, etc.

No matter what tab is focused, when I use these heading navigation keys, it picks an arbitrary tab and takes me to a heading on that page. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on because I had two vinux wiki pages open, so I didn't notice at first that it was reading me the wrong page.

Is this a bug in firefox? A bug in orca? A bug in ubuntu unity? A bug in my understanding of how the heading navigation should work?

I'm using ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks.

--Ryan