Re: Hpodder-and-Torsox

I don't see the message thread you're referring to, but I thought I remembered Tim talking about wild cards as well as maybe two different options when it came to renaming groups of files.

I guess mv may not be simple when it comes to wild cards, but didn't you mention the ren command in DOS? Doesn't this also involve wild cards to do what you want? I know you were looking for something that didn't require programming, but I don't recall you mentioning that you were looking for something simple, and I guess simple is relative.