Re: postgresql and report writing

Hi Tim,

I'm using several select statements throughout the app as I now have it
written.  A little later today, you'll be able to find it at
http://www.shellworld.net/~jdashiel/health.zip since the whole app is
over 300 lines in length.  The titles table that I now use just has a
title number in it and the title text for each section of the report and
this is producing useful and usable results.  I've been told on an irc
channel what I want to do with it next will require use of php.  Two
figures I'd like to get in for each of the measurements are:
((max()-min())/3)+min()  start medium interval and
((max()-min())*2/3)+min() start high interval.
That would provide more context for the other figures even if those
other figures couldn't be tagged with low, medium, or high.  sql has a
problem with nesting of aggregates.  I tried storing max() and min() in
a table then using those stored values to compute these two figures but
it didn't work.  I dumpted that code that didn't work earlier.

jude <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Twitter: @jdashiel