Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 17:15:57 +0100
From: Brian <ad44@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: alpine status?

On Thu 04 Sep 2014 at 11:06:14 -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:

Can anyone confirm if development continues on alpine?
I am getting mixed messages  about this, one from my web hosting
company suggesting I join the developer's list, and another from an
end user claiming that development no longer exists.

According to

  http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/a/alpine/alpine_2.11+dfsg1-2_copyright

Debian gets alpine from

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/re-alpine

Also

  http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/a/alpine/alpine_2.11+dfsg1-2_changelog

has a new upstream release as taking place in 2013.

Development on the original University of Washington alpine has indeed
ceased.