vinux

Hi,
i want to install vinux on my machine. I've tried ubuntu but it screwes up my machine, now cannot do anything on it. crashed. The problem with ubuntu is, orca wont read full things in ubuntu, the search, the shut down (ctrl+alt+delete), and i cannot browse all programs inside ubuntu. I also tried ubuntu gnome, also fail. So how can i install vinux? I know where to download, but how do iburn it to usb? what software to use, and any tips for first time users like me?
thanks much!

--
Sincerely,
Amir.